Bank of America Awards and Recognition
- CDP's November 2015 U.S. climate change report commended the bank for its leadership and transparency on climate change. The company received a disclosure score of “100” for its reporting transparency and a performance score of “A” for its leadership in the field.
- In October, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was awarded best technology among large firms for Merrill Lynch One at the inaugural WealthManagement.com Industry Awards held in New York City. The Merrill Lynch One platform is part of the Bank of America Merrill Lynch commitment to providing innovative solutions, enabling our advisors to deliver goals-based wealth management solutions and help clients achieve the outcomes that matter most to them.
- In October, The Banker magazine named Bank of America the Most Innovative Investment Bank for Climate Change and Sustainability for the fifth year in a row, recognizing Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s continued leadership in the green bond sector and investment programs, such as the Catalytic Finance Initiative, supporting the move toward a low-carbon economy.
- The Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) recognized Bank of America in September for its corporate social responsibility efforts, including environmental sustainability. The bank was included on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America for the third consecutive year and included on the World Index in 2015. The DJSI is a global ranking based on an evaluation of a company’s economic, environmental and social performance.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML) has been recognized by EMEA Finance magazine, a leading industry trade outlet, in its 2015 Treasury Services Awards, winning three accolades for treasury and FX services across the region: Best Treasury Services in EMEA, Best FX Services in Europe, and Best FX Services in EMEA.
- For the second year in a row, American Banker magazine has recognized Bank of America as a top team for excellence in female leadership. The award recognizes top female executives who have improved the company’s competitive standing, demonstrated outstanding impact and advanced pro-diversity initiatives.
- Bank of America has been named as one of LATINA Style magazine’s “50 best companies for Latinas to work” as part of its 2015 report. The company was recognized for its recruitment efforts, training and leadership programs, and Hispanic/Latino Organization for Leadership and Advancement (HOLA) employee network.
- In July, Universum recognized Bank of America Merrill Lynch as one of their top employers in their “World’s Top Employer for New Grads” rankings.
- Bank of America was honored as one of the 2015 Best Companies for Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at the ERG Summit & Elevate Forum.
- The Bridges from School to Work Foundation recognized Bank of America as Employer of the Year for our support of their program to hire young people with disabilities.
- Bank of America was named to the National Veteran-Owned Business Association list of Top 25 Military-Friendly® Supplier Diversity Programs for 2015.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Bank of America is among the top 10 companies in DiversityMBA magazine’s ranking of 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Women and Diverse Managers to Work. Also, Bank of America has been recognized in the Top 10 Best-in-Class Category for representation and workplace inclusion.
- Bank of America was named Military Times magazine’s Best for Vets: Employers 2015 for our support of America’s veterans.
- For the second year, Bank of America has been honored by the 2020 Women on Boards campaign for its commitment to board diversity in maintaining a board composition of at least 20 percent women.
- Bank of America has been recognized as one of the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) 2015 Top Companies for Executive Women.
- For the company’s achievements in supplier diversity, Bank of America was selected as one of America's Top 50 Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities for 2015 by Diversitybusiness.com.
- In the Euromoney 2015 Awards for Excellence announced in July, Bank of America Merrill Lynch won the highest number of global awards from Euromoney magazine, being named Best Global Loan House, Best Global Transaction Services House and Best Global Bank for Corporate Social Responsibility. The annual Euromoney Awards for Excellence cover more than 20 global product categories, best-in-class awards in all regions and the best banks in almost 100 countries around the world.
- Commercial card programs offered by Bank of America Merrill Lynch continue to grow in popularity for treasury departments in the United States, according to rankings published in the June 2015 issue of the Nilson Report, a publication covering payments systems worldwide. In the annual listing, Bank of America Merrill Lynch ranked No. 1 in Purchasing Card volume, with a 13% year-over-year growth.
- In May, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was rated the nation’s most successful 401(k) plan provider, according to a study by the National Association of Retirement Plan Participants (NARPP), a nonprofit organization and advocate for individual savers in these plans. Findings from NARPP’s second annual Participant FELT Study™ are based on interviews with more than 4,300 active retirement plan participants.
- The Money Management Institute (MMI) named Merrill Lynch the “Advisory Solutions Sponsor Firm of the Year” for the Merrill Lynch Investment Advisory program on the Merrill Lynch One® platform. The award category recognizes the sponsor firm that made a meaningful contribution to innovation within the advisory solutions industry and exemplified overall excellence, achievement and growth.
- In April, Barron’s, StockBrokers.com, Investor’s Business Daily, Customer Service Institute of America and Corporate Insight recognized Merrill Edge® for its educational resources, research tools, portfolio analysis and reports, customer service, and more, reinforcing the value of Merrill Edge’s offerings.
- Global Finance magazine named Bank of America Merrill Lynch Best Bank for Cash Management in North America for the fifth consecutive year. The publication also named the firm Best Bank for Liquidity Management in North America for the fourth straight year, and Best Treasury & Cash Management Provider in the United States, an inaugural category.
- In February, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognized Bank of America for exceptional leadership in response to climate change. The announcement was made today at the EPA 2015 Climate Change Leadership Awards. The bank received the award for Organizational Leadership, which recognizes companies for their commitment to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions while demonstrating leadership in their business strategies to reduce carbon pollution. This was the first time that a financial institution has received the prestigious EPA award in this category.
- G.I. Jobs magazine recognized Bank of America as a 2015 Military-friendly Employer for our continued support of our service members.
- Risk magazine recognized BofA Merrill as its “Structured Products House of the Year” for the bank’s ability to consistently provide innovative products with sound risk management. The publication noted that BofA Merrill captured 11 percent of the $124 billion U.S. collateralized loan obligation (CLO) market in 2014 by underwriting 25 deals worth a total of $13.2 billion as of mid-December 2014. BofA Merrill also captured 11.5 percent globally and was No. 1 in the European CLO market.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) named Bank of America a Best Place for LGBT to Work for LGBT Equality; we received a 100 percent score on the HRC’s Corporate Equality Index for the ninth year in a row.
- Bank of America announced in February that Merrill Edge Advisory and Investment contact centers have once again received the distinction of J.D. Power Certified Contact Centers, recognizing the streamlined investment service for providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience” in the live phone channel for the fourth year in a row.
- In January, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was named winner of eight awards by financial trade publication, “Treasury Management International (TMI),” in its annual Awards for Innovation & Excellence in Treasury. Topping the recognition list for the firm’s Global Transaction Services (GTS) business were Global Bank of the Year for Cash & Liquidity Management and Global Bank of the Year for Financial Supply Chain Management.