According to the Nilson Report's rankings for calendar year 2015, BofA Merrill continued to be the No. 1 provider of purchasing card solutions, which includes physical purchasing cards along with related virtual card solutions. The firm improved from No. 3 to No. 2 in corporate cards and from No. 5 to No. 4 in commercial prepaid. BofA Merrill is the only global bank that retained or improved its ranking in all three Nilson categories.
On July 6, Euromoney named Bank of America the World’s Best Bank in two key areas: financing and diversity. This was the inaugural year for both awards, and the wins reflect the bank’s strategy to serve customers, clients and shareholders through the power of its diverse, global workforce. According to Euromoney, Bank of America Merrill Lynch has demonstrated its ability to deliver certainty in execution and the right mix of financing, advice and products to clients, regardless of market conditions.
Bank of America has moved up two spots on Diversity MBA’s 10th annual list of Best Places for Women and Diverse Managers to Work. Rankings are based on representation, board diversity, recruitment, workplace inclusion, retention, succession planning and accountability.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the first corporation and first financial institution to join the Hong Kong Gay and Lesbian Attorneys Network (HKGALA). HKGALA is the first lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) network for the legal community in Hong Kong, with more than 500 individual members, 35 international and regional law firms, and now one bank. The organization promotes LGBT inclusion and diversity in the legal profession, increasing awareness of LGBT issues and works with LGBT-related professional organizations on LGBT-related matters.
For our support of fathers, Bank of America has been named among the “50 best places for new dads to work” by fatherly.com. Rankings were determined by how many weeks of paid paternity leave the company offers and other "father-friendly practices and policies."
Bank of America has a long history of supporting our U.S. military, including our current commitment to hire 10,000 veterans over the next few years. This commitment, along with the resources and programs we provide to support service members as they transition to civilian life has earned the company a spot on the CivilianJobs.com 2016 Most Valuable Employers for Military list. Winners were chosen based on their recruiting, training and retention plans that best serve military service members and veterans.
Universum USA has ranked Bank of America among the top 100 on their Most Attractive Employers list for students studying business, computer science and liberal arts. The ranking is a result of input from more than 70,000 students and professionals. Universum’s employer rankings reveal which employers are most attractive to talent and determine a business’s ability to attract top talent.
Bank of America’s commitment to diversity and inclusion extends to our suppliers, something that has earned us recognition among the “best of the best” corporations committed to diversity and inclusion by the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and National Business Inclusion Consortium.
Military Times named Bank of America on its Best for Vets: Employers 2016 list. Rankings were based on company culture, recruiting, policies and accommodations for reservists.
Bank of America has been recognized as a 2020 Women on Boards Winning “W” Company for 2015. Winning companies champion board diversity by having 20 percent or more of the board seats held by women. 2020 Women on Boards is a nonprofit grassroots campaign committed to increasing the percentage of women who serve on company boards by 20 percent or greater by the year 2020.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace has earned Bank of America a place on the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) Top Companies for Executive Women list for 2016. NAFE evaluates companies based on women’s advancement, including succession planning, support programs and work-life balance programs.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch has been named one of Stonewall’s Top 100 Employers for 2016. The Stonewall Workplace Equality Index is an annual survey conducted to determine the best employers for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff to work in the United Kingdom. This year, more than 400 employers submitted entries, the highest number since it first began in 2005. Rankings were based on various employment policy and practice areas including training, employee networks, career development, mentoring and community engagement.
- In June, Merrill Edge was recognized in five recent industry reviews, highlighting its excellence in customer service and educational resources. In addition to being named one of the top online brokers in Barron’s 2016 Best Online Broker Survey, Merrill Edge was awarded high rankings in the StockBrokers.com 2016 Online Broker Review, 2016 Investor’s Business Daily Best Online Brokers Report, 2015 International Service Excellence Awards, and 2015 Corporate Insight e-Monitor Awards.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s three EMEA women’s networks (LEAD for Women, the Global Banking and Markets Women’s Leadership Council, and Women in Technology and Operations) won the 2016 Women in Banking & Finance “Team Diversity” Award. These three networks play an essential role in building the culture of our company, developing role models, connecting individuals across the firm, and supporting Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s efforts to recruit diverse talent.
- In May, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was recognized by Environmental Finance’s Green Bond Awards as the biggest green underwriter in 2015. The Green Bond Awards recognize best practices from corporations in the green bond market.
- In May, Bank of America Merrill Lynch received recognition from Global Finance magazine in the publication’s program, The Innovators 2016, which recognizes innovations in trade finance, corporate finance, transaction services, and foreign exchange. BofA Merrill was named an innovator for its original products and solutions in three categories: Foreign Exchange (Product innovation: cross-currency ACH); Trade Finance (Process innovation: Bank of America Merrill Lynch CashPro Trade™, document retrieval solution); and Transaction Services (Process innovation: digitized wholesale lockbox).
- On May 3, the 2016 Bloomberg Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI) recognized Bank of America as a global leader in gender equality and supporting women in the workplace. The index highlighted the company’s representation of women at all levels, its leading talent development and benefit programs, gender-conscious product offerings for its clients, and active support and engagement on these issues in local communities the company serves. Those included on this year's index scored at 60 points or more, a global threshold established by Bloomberg to reflect data transparency and the achievement or adoption of best-in-class statistics and policies.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch was shortlisted for the ASDA Environmental Leadership Award as part of the BITC Responsible Business Awards in April. The awards recognize companies for integrating social and environmental considerations into their business strategies.
- In April, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was recognized by Celent as a Model Bank in the Digital Payments and Cards category for its Digital Disbursements payments solution. Celent is a global research and advisory firm for the financial services industry. The Celent Model Bank Awards recognize the best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in banking.
- In April, Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofA Merrill), a leader in card services for middle-market, large corporate and public sector clients, received a "gold" accolade for its global product BofA Merrill Travel Pro, which was acknowledged as the best virtual development at the 2016 PYMNTS Innovator Awards.
- In March, Bank of America was a finalist for the PR News CSR awards in two categories for Recycle Now, part of the My Environment employee program. The awards honor companies that are making an impact in their communities through their CSR initiatives.
- In February, Bank of America Merrill Lynch received recognition from the Green Bond Pioneer Awards in the “Commercial Bank Pioneer” category for the first commercial bank green bond. The awards recognize pioneers that demonstrate the potential of green bonds.
- On Feb. 23, financial trade publication Treasury Management International (TMI) named Bank of America Merrill Lynch as the winner of nine leading industry awards. In TMI’s annual awards for Innovation and Excellence in Treasury for 2015, BofA Merrill’s Global Transaction Services business received the largest number of awards of all nominees globally. BofA Merrill was the only financial institution to be recognized in all three of TMI’s product categories: cash and liquidity management, payments and collection, and financial supply chain management.
- In January, MBNA was voted Credit Card Provider of the Year for the third year in a row at the prestigious Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2016. The annual Consumer Moneyfacts Awards provide financial services customers the opportunity to give feedback about the financial products they use. MBNA’s success in the Credit Card Provider of the Year category was based on Moneyfacts’ own research and customer feedback.