Fifty-six Merrill Lynch Wealth Management advisors were named on Working Mother/SHOOK Research's "2018 Top Wealth Advisor Moms" list published on October 2. The list features 300 of the top wealth advisors who are mothers with at least one child under the age of 18 living at home; they are ranked based on a mixture of quantitative and qualitative criteria.
Merrill Lynch was ranked No. 2 on Forbes’ 2018 "America’s Top 250 Wealth Advisors" list, published on September 12. The list includes 51 Merrill Lynch wealth advisors among the 250 advisors who manage over $733 billion in client assets.
Merrill Edge recently received five out of five stars from Kiplinger’s “Best Online Brokers” survey for its user experience and research. The recognition follows this year’s launch of two new, patent-pending experiences for self-directed investors, helping them make more informed investing decisions: Stock Story and Portfolio Story.
Bank of America was named the top global bank on Fortune magazine’s 2018 "Change the World" list, the magazine’s annual ranking of 57 companies that are creating social benefit through their core business strategy. The company is the top financial services firm on the list and was recognized for its work mobilizing and deploying capital to address global challenges, including environmental sustainability, through its Environmental Business Initiative.
Merrill Lynch ranked No. 1 on Forbes' 2018 “America’s Top Next-Generation Wealth Advisors” list, published on July 25. This marks the second consecutive year the firm has topped the list. In total, 247 Merrill Lynch advisors were recognized on the list.
In July, Euromoney named Bank of America the world’s best bank in the publication’s annual Global Awards for Excellence competition. The overall “world’s best bank” honor is the highest award bestowed by Euromoney. It acknowledges Bank of America’s strong financial performance; clearly differentiated business model; ability to adapt to changing market and regulatory conditions; innovation; and track record of delivering for shareholders and clients.
Global Finance, a monthly magazine for corporate leaders, bankers and investors, has named Bank of America Merrill Lynch the top financial innovator in North America. The publication also chose BofA Merrill’s Intelligent Receivables as one of its 19 top financial innovations of the past year.
- Merrill Lynch ranked No. 1 on the 2018 Barron’s “Top 100 Women Financial Advisors” list published on June 9. This marks the 13th consecutive year the firm has topped the list.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch Corporate and Commercial Banking contact centers were certified by J.D. Power for providing “an outstanding customer service experience” for the live phone channel.
- In April, Bank of America was named as Celent’s 2018 Model Bank of the Year. Celent is a global research and advisory firm for the financial services industry. Celent’s annual award program recognizes financial institutions as “model banks” for their outstanding technology initiatives, which must demonstrate clear business benefits, innovation, and technology or implementation excellence.
- On Apr. 19, Bank of America announced that its Global Information Security group won the SC Magazine Professional Award for Best Security Team. The 2018 Professional Award winners were chosen by a panel of judges comprised of recognized security professionals and leaders from a variety of backgrounds and vertical markets. The individuals, programs and teams chosen as winners in the Professional Award categories go through a rigorous judging process that includes testimonials, industry assessment and additional research.
- Merrill Lynch ranked No. 1 on the Financial Times “Top 400 Financial Advisors” (FT 400) list, published on March 22. In total, 80 Merrill Lynch advisors were recognized on the list. The FT 400 is based on data gathered from firms and verified by broker-dealer home offices, regulatory disclosures, and the FT’s research. The listing reflects each advisor’s performance in six primary areas, including assets under management, asset growth, compliance record, experience, credentials, and accessibility as identified by the FT.
- Merrill Lynch topped the 2018 Barron’s magazine's “Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” list with 295 financial advisors and private wealth advisors being recognized. This marks the 10th consecutive year that the firm has ranked No. 1. Additionally, seven advisors were named the top advisor in their respective states.
- Treasury Management International (TMI), a publication focusing on issues affecting treasury and financial professionals, has named Bank of America Merrill Lynch the winner of two Best Bank for Cash & Liquidity Management awards. The awards are part of TMI’s annual Awards for Innovation & Excellence in Treasury Management.
- Merrill Lynch topped Forbes magazine's "Best-in-State Wealth Advisors" list, which recognized 638 financial advisors and private wealth advisors – beating its nearest competitor by more than 150 advisors. Additionally, 18 advisors were ranked the top advisor in their respective states.
- Bank of America has been named No. 2 among Fortune magazine's Best Workplaces for Giving Back. The list highlights companies that are committed to contributing to their communities via financial support, expertise and volunteerism.
- With more than 2 million apps of all kinds available globally, Bank of America is the first app to be certified through the newly announced J.D. Power Mobile App Certification ProgramSM. On January 4, J.D. Power ranked Bank of America as an industry leader in app design, navigation, features and capabilities, and performance.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch received a 2017 American Financial Technology Award (AFTA) for its approach to providing a fiduciary standard of care for clients. The company was awarded “Best Compliance Initiative” for its innovative and extensive efforts to comply with the Department of Labor (DoL) Fiduciary Rule across its Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, U.S. Trust, Institutional Retirement and Merrill Edge businesses.
- Bank of America was named No. 1 in Digital U.S. Credit Card Sales Functionality by Forrester in its inaugural report. The report evaluates best practices in Digital Card Sales across four evaluation criteria (Discover, Explore, Buy and Onboard) of the seven largest U.S. credit card issuers.
- On Dec. 5, Bank of America was ranked No. 26 among Fortune's 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity.
- Merrill Edge’s contact centers have been recognized by J.D. Power for providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience” in the Live Phone channel for the seventh consecutive year. We received high scores on the best practices scorecard, which measures 40 dimensions of the client experience, including organizational strategy, recruiting/training, employee engagement and quality assurance.
- On Nov. 28, Fortune magazine named Bank of America one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Parents.
- In the fall, Merrill Edge received a No. 1 ranking from Kiplinger’s for Best Online Brokers 2017. In that ranking, Bank of America earned 4.5 out of five stars overall. In addition, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine included Merrill Edge in its annual BEST issue for December 2017 — a roundup of the staff’s top picks for every aspect of a consumer’s financial life. Merrill Edge was recognized in the free trades category, highlighting how clients can benefit from free stock trades, depending on their Preferred Rewards status.
- In October, Bank of America Merrill Lynch won three awards across Foreign Exchange and Global Transaction Services in EMEA Finance magazine's Treasury Services Awards 2017. The awards, presented during a ceremony at Sibos in Toronto, included Best Treasury Services in EMEA award (third consecutive year), Best Foreign Exchange Services in Europe (fifth consecutive year), and Best Exchange Services in EMEA (sixth consecutive year).
- Merrill Lynch Wealth Management topped the list of the 2017 Financial Times "Top 401 Retirement Advisers" (FT 401), with 55 financial advisors recognized.
- Merrill Lynch holds the No. 1 position on Forbes’ “America’s Top 250 Wealth Advisors” list, published on Sept. 26, 2017, with 54 total advisors on the list. These 250 members of Forbes' list collectively manage $672 billion in client assets while serving a client base that ranges from billionaire tech CEOs to small business owners and wealthy heirs.
- Barron’s magazine named Bank of America’s Global Wealth and Investment Management unit the top-ranking wealth management firm for the 11th year in a row. Together, the top 40 firms listed manage $7.1 trillion in accounts with $5 million or more, up 19 percent from 2016, Barron’s noted.
- Merrill Edge was named “Best online broker for mutual funds” in a new ranking by NerdWallet, a popular online site offering financial tools and guidance based on their proprietary research. Additional accolades included “best overall” and “biggest selection of no-transaction-fee funds.” Merrill Edge was also recognized for their research tools and the affordability and array of fund choices.
On Sept. 21, Bank of America announced that it scored 100 percent on the 2017 U.S. Business Leadership Network’s (USBLN) Disability Equality Index (DEI), an annual listing of companies that are leading the way in policies, practices and programs that are inclusive of people with disabilities. Bank of America’s inclusion in the DEI is the latest recognition of the bank’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, its work to create an environment where all employees can succeed and achieve their goals, and long-standing relationships with community partners, such as the Ad Council’s Love Has No Labels campaign and the Special Olympics.
On Sept. 7, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management announced that 119 of its financial advisors were named to a newly created list of 500 of the nation’s top young wealth advisors compiled by Forbes and SHOOK Research -- topping its nearest competitor by more than 30 advisors. Advisors considered for Forbes/SHOOK’s "America’s Top Next-Generation Wealth Advisors" list were born in 1980 or later and have a minimum of four years’ relevant experience. They have built their own practices and lead their teams; joined teams and are viewed as future leaders; or a combination of both.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch received top honors from The Banker magazine in its Investment Banking Awards, being named Most Innovative Investment Bank of the Year 2017. The award recognizes the firm for its strategically oriented Corporate and Investment Bank, built on long-term relationships, and its ability to pair advisory and funding capabilities. In addition to Most Innovative Investment Bank, the firm received the following accolades: Most Innovative Investment Bank of the Year from North America, Most Innovative Investment Bank for Financial Institutions Group, and Most Innovative Investment Bank for Syndicated Loans.
In August, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance publication awarded Merrill Edge a No. 1 ranking in its “2017 Best Online Brokers” list in a tie with Fidelity. This accolade highlights Merrill Edge’s commitment to supporting and empowering clients throughout their financial lives by delivering extraordinary service and care.
- In July, the Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2017 recognized Bank of America with top honors in 11 categories, including World’s Best Bank in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Advisory. In addition to winning the CSR and Advisory global awards, Bank of America won a number of regional accolades for excellence in retail, commercial, corporate and investment banking.
- On June 5, Barron’s magazine's annual "America's Top 100 Women Financial Advisors" list recognized 19 Merrill Lynch advisors, the most of any firm.
- In May, Bank of America Merrill Lynch Corporate and Commercial Banking contact centers, led by the bank’s Treasury, Fulfillment Service and Operations team, were certified by global marketing firm J.D. Power for providing “an outstanding customer service experience” for the live phone channel.
- The Customer Service Institute of America (CSIA) awarded Merrill Edge the 2016 International Service Excellence Award in the Contact Center category. CSIA is the body delegated by International Council of Customer Service Organizations to manage the International Service Excellence Awards, which are recognized as the premier service awards around the globe.
On March 13, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management announced that 305 of its financial advisors were named top advisors in their states on Barron’s 2017 “America’s Top 1,200 Advisors: State-by-State” list, the ninth consecutive year that Merrill Lynch has had the most advisors on the list.
In March, Treasury Management International (TMI), a publication covering the transaction services industry, named Bank of America Merrill Lynch its 2016 Global Bank of the Year for Payments & Collections. BofA Merrill won seven additional awards, all part of TMI’s annual Awards for Innovation and Excellence.
- On Jan. 23, Bank of America was named as a global leader in supporting the development and success of women in the workplace on the 2017 Bloomberg Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), an annual listing of companies demonstrating leadership in their policies, practices and disclosures in support of gender equality.
In January, Merrill Edge was designated as a top online stock broker for 2017 by NerdWallet as part of the personal finance site’s 2017 “Best-of Awards” program for investing. The online brokerage was lauded for its stock trading services and ranked as one of two investment firms for the best in the “Research” category.
Corporate Insight’s 2016 e-Monitor Awards Report recognized Merrill Edge with gold medals in the “Trading” and “Mobile Capabilities” categories, and three silver medals in the “Account Information,” “Quotes” and “Prospect Experiences” categories. The firm also received a bronze medal in “Online Help,” earning the firm recognition in all six award categories and tying the firm with the most medals overall within e-Monitor.
In December, Merrill Edge Investment and Advisory contact centers were awarded the distinction of J.D. Power Certified Contact Centers, recognizing the streamlined investment service for providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience” in the live phone channel for the sixth consecutive year. Merrill Edge Investment and Advisory teams particularly excelled in five key areas: timeliness of resolution, promptness in speaking to a person, courtesy, concern, and knowledge of the representative.
For the sixth year running and since the recognition’s inception, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was named Institutional Investor magazine’s “Top Global Research Firm of 2016.” This was achieved by BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research winning 225 total team positions – more than any other firm – in the 11 Institutional Investor research team surveys published this year.
On Sept. 29, Bank of America Merrill Lynch received three accolades across Foreign Exchange (FX) and Global Transaction Services (GTS) in EMEA Finance magazine’s Treasury Services Awards 2016, including Best Bank for Foreign Exchange Services in EMEA (fifth consecutive year); Best Bank for Foreign Exchange in Europe (fourth consecutive year); and Best Bank for Treasury Services in EMEA (second consecutive year).
According to the Nilson Report's rankings for calendar year 2015, BofA Merrill continued to be the No. 1 provider of purchasing card solutions, which includes physical purchasing cards along with related virtual card solutions. The firm improved from No. 3 to No. 2 in corporate cards and from No. 5 to No. 4 in commercial prepaid. BofA Merrill is the only global bank that retained or improved its ranking in all three Nilson categories.
On July 6, Euromoney named Bank of America the World’s Best Bank in two key areas: financing and diversity. This was the inaugural year for both awards, and the wins reflect the bank’s strategy to serve customers, clients and shareholders through the power of its diverse, global workforce. According to Euromoney, Bank of America Merrill Lynch has demonstrated its ability to deliver certainty in execution and the right mix of financing, advice and products to clients, regardless of market conditions.
Bank of America has moved up two spots on Diversity MBA’s 10th annual list of Best Places for Women and Diverse Managers to Work. Rankings are based on representation, board diversity, recruitment, workplace inclusion, retention, succession planning and accountability.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the first corporation and first financial institution to join the Hong Kong Gay and Lesbian Attorneys Network (HKGALA). HKGALA is the first lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) network for the legal community in Hong Kong, with more than 500 individual members, 35 international and regional law firms, and now one bank. The organization promotes LGBT inclusion and diversity in the legal profession, increasing awareness of LGBT issues and works with LGBT-related professional organizations on LGBT-related matters.
For our support of fathers, Bank of America has been named among the “50 best places for new dads to work” by fatherly.com. Rankings were determined by how many weeks of paid paternity leave the company offers and other "father-friendly practices and policies."
Bank of America has a long history of supporting our U.S. military, including our current commitment to hire 10,000 veterans over the next few years. This commitment, along with the resources and programs we provide to support service members as they transition to civilian life has earned the company a spot on the CivilianJobs.com 2016 Most Valuable Employers for Military list. Winners were chosen based on their recruiting, training and retention plans that best serve military service members and veterans.
Universum USA has ranked Bank of America among the top 100 on their Most Attractive Employers list for students studying business, computer science and liberal arts. The ranking is a result of input from more than 70,000 students and professionals. Universum’s employer rankings reveal which employers are most attractive to talent and determine a business’s ability to attract top talent.
Bank of America’s commitment to diversity and inclusion extends to our suppliers, something that has earned us recognition among the “best of the best” corporations committed to diversity and inclusion by the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and National Business Inclusion Consortium.
Military Times named Bank of America on its Best for Vets: Employers 2016 list. Rankings were based on company culture, recruiting, policies and accommodations for reservists.
Bank of America has been recognized as a 2020 Women on Boards Winning “W” Company for 2015. Winning companies champion board diversity by having 20 percent or more of the board seats held by women. 2020 Women on Boards is a nonprofit grassroots campaign committed to increasing the percentage of women who serve on company boards by 20 percent or greater by the year 2020.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace has earned Bank of America a place on the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) Top Companies for Executive Women list for 2016. NAFE evaluates companies based on women’s advancement, including succession planning, support programs and work-life balance programs.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch has been named one of Stonewall’s Top 100 Employers for 2016. The Stonewall Workplace Equality Index is an annual survey conducted to determine the best employers for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff to work in the United Kingdom. This year, more than 400 employers submitted entries, the highest number since it first began in 2005. Rankings were based on various employment policy and practice areas including training, employee networks, career development, mentoring and community engagement.
- In June, Merrill Edge was recognized in five recent industry reviews, highlighting its excellence in customer service and educational resources. In addition to being named one of the top online brokers in Barron’s 2016 Best Online Broker Survey, Merrill Edge was awarded high rankings in the StockBrokers.com 2016 Online Broker Review, 2016 Investor’s Business Daily Best Online Brokers Report, 2015 International Service Excellence Awards, and 2015 Corporate Insight e-Monitor Awards.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s three EMEA women’s networks (LEAD for Women, the Global Banking and Markets Women’s Leadership Council, and Women in Technology and Operations) won the 2016 Women in Banking & Finance “Team Diversity” Award. These three networks play an essential role in building the culture of our company, developing role models, connecting individuals across the firm, and supporting Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s efforts to recruit diverse talent.
- In May, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was recognized by Environmental Finance’s Green Bond Awards as the biggest green underwriter in 2015. The Green Bond Awards recognize best practices from corporations in the green bond market.
- In May, Bank of America Merrill Lynch received recognition from Global Finance magazine in the publication’s program, The Innovators 2016, which recognizes innovations in trade finance, corporate finance, transaction services, and foreign exchange. BofA Merrill was named an innovator for its original products and solutions in three categories: Foreign Exchange (Product innovation: cross-currency ACH); Trade Finance (Process innovation: Bank of America Merrill Lynch CashPro Trade™, document retrieval solution); and Transaction Services (Process innovation: digitized wholesale lockbox).
- On May 3, the 2016 Bloomberg Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI) recognized Bank of America as a global leader in gender equality and supporting women in the workplace. The index highlighted the company’s representation of women at all levels, its leading talent development and benefit programs, gender-conscious product offerings for its clients, and active support and engagement on these issues in local communities the company serves. Those included on this year's index scored at 60 points or more, a global threshold established by Bloomberg to reflect data transparency and the achievement or adoption of best-in-class statistics and policies.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch was shortlisted for the ASDA Environmental Leadership Award as part of the BITC Responsible Business Awards in April. The awards recognize companies for integrating social and environmental considerations into their business strategies.
- In April, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was recognized by Celent as a Model Bank in the Digital Payments and Cards category for its Digital Disbursements payments solution. Celent is a global research and advisory firm for the financial services industry. The Celent Model Bank Awards recognize the best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in banking.
- In April, Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofA Merrill), a leader in card services for middle-market, large corporate and public sector clients, received a "gold" accolade for its global product BofA Merrill Travel Pro, which was acknowledged as the best virtual development at the 2016 PYMNTS Innovator Awards.
- In March, Bank of America was a finalist for the PR News CSR awards in two categories for Recycle Now, part of the My Environment employee program. The awards honor companies that are making an impact in their communities through their CSR initiatives.
- In February, Bank of America Merrill Lynch received recognition from the Green Bond Pioneer Awards in the “Commercial Bank Pioneer” category for the first commercial bank green bond. The awards recognize pioneers that demonstrate the potential of green bonds.
- On Feb. 23, financial trade publication Treasury Management International (TMI) named Bank of America Merrill Lynch as the winner of nine leading industry awards. In TMI’s annual awards for Innovation and Excellence in Treasury for 2015, BofA Merrill’s Global Transaction Services business received the largest number of awards of all nominees globally. BofA Merrill was the only financial institution to be recognized in all three of TMI’s product categories: cash and liquidity management, payments and collection, and financial supply chain management.
- In January, MBNA was voted Credit Card Provider of the Year for the third year in a row at the prestigious Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2016. The annual Consumer Moneyfacts Awards provide financial services customers the opportunity to give feedback about the financial products they use. MBNA’s success in the Credit Card Provider of the Year category was based on Moneyfacts’ own research and customer feedback.
- On Dec. 22, J.D. Power recognized Bank of America Merrill Edge Investment and Advisory contact centers for providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience” in the live phone channel for the fifth year in a row. To become a J.D. Power Certified Contact Center, the Merrill Edge Investment and Advisory contact centers successfully completed a detailed evaluation and exceeded a cross-industry national benchmark for live phone customer satisfaction. Customers evaluated contact center performance based on satisfaction with interactive voice response routing and the performance of customer service representatives, including timeliness of resolution, promptness in connecting with an agent, and overall courtesy, concern and knowledge.
- In December, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was named Institutional Investor magazine’s “Top Global Research Firm of 2015.” This was achieved by BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research winning 242 total team positions – more than any other firm – in the 12 Institutional Investor research team surveys published this year. This is the fifth consecutive year Bank of America has received this recognition.
- CDP's November 2015 U.S. climate change report commended the bank for its leadership and transparency on climate change. The company received a disclosure score of “100” for its reporting transparency and a performance score of “A” for its leadership in the field.
- In October, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was awarded best technology among large firms for Merrill Lynch One at the inaugural WealthManagement.com Industry Awards held in New York City. The Merrill Lynch One platform is part of the Bank of America Merrill Lynch commitment to providing innovative solutions, enabling our advisors to deliver goals-based wealth management solutions and help clients achieve the outcomes that matter most to them.
- In October, The Banker magazine named Bank of America the Most Innovative Investment Bank for Climate Change and Sustainability for the fifth year in a row, recognizing Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s continued leadership in the green bond sector and investment programs, such as the Catalytic Finance Initiative, supporting the move toward a low-carbon economy.
- The Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) recognized Bank of America in September for its corporate social responsibility efforts, including environmental sustainability. The bank was included on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America for the third consecutive year and included on the World Index in 2015. The DJSI is a global ranking based on an evaluation of a company’s economic, environmental and social performance.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML) has been recognized by EMEA Finance magazine, a leading industry trade outlet, in its 2015 Treasury Services Awards, winning three accolades for treasury and FX services across the region: Best Treasury Services in EMEA, Best FX Services in Europe, and Best FX Services in EMEA.
- For the second year in a row, American Banker magazine has recognized Bank of America as a top team for excellence in female leadership. The award recognizes top female executives who have improved the company’s competitive standing, demonstrated outstanding impact and advanced pro-diversity initiatives.
- Bank of America has been named as one of LATINA Style magazine’s “50 best companies for Latinas to work” as part of its 2015 report. The company was recognized for its recruitment efforts, training and leadership programs, and Hispanic/Latino Organization for Leadership and Advancement (HOLA) employee network.
- In July, Universum recognized Bank of America Merrill Lynch as one of their top employers in their “World’s Top Employer for New Grads” rankings.
- Bank of America was honored as one of the 2015 Best Companies for Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at the ERG Summit & Elevate Forum.
- The Bridges from School to Work Foundation recognized Bank of America as Employer of the Year for our support of their program to hire young people with disabilities.
- Bank of America was named to the National Veteran-Owned Business Association list of Top 25 Military-Friendly®Supplier Diversity Programs for 2015.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Bank of America is among the top 10 companies in DiversityMBA magazine’s ranking of 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Women and Diverse Managers to Work. Also, Bank of America has been recognized in the Top 10 Best-in-Class Category for representation and workplace inclusion.
- Bank of America was named Military Times magazine’s Best for Vets: Employers 2015 for our support of America’s veterans.
- For the second year, Bank of America has been honored by the 2020 Women on Boards campaign for its commitment to board diversity in maintaining a board composition of at least 20 percent women.
- Bank of America has been recognized as one of the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) 2015 Top Companies for Executive Women.
- For the company’s achievements in supplier diversity, Bank of America was selected as one of America's Top 50 Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities for 2015 by Diversitybusiness.com.
- In the Euromoney 2015 Awards for Excellence announced in July, Bank of America Merrill Lynch won the highest number of global awards from Euromoney magazine, being named Best Global Loan House, Best Global Transaction Services House and Best Global Bank for Corporate Social Responsibility. The annual Euromoney Awards for Excellence cover more than 20 global product categories, best-in-class awards in all regions and the best banks in almost 100 countries around the world.
- Commercial card programs offered by Bank of America Merrill Lynch continue to grow in popularity for treasury departments in the United States, according to rankings published in the June 2015 issue of the Nilson Report, a publication covering payments systems worldwide. In the annual listing, Bank of America Merrill Lynch ranked No. 1 in Purchasing Card volume, with a 13 percent year-over-year growth.
- In May, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was rated the nation’s most successful 401(k) plan provider, according to a study by the National Association of Retirement Plan Participants (NARPP), a nonprofit organization and advocate for individual savers in these plans. Findings from NARPP’s second annual Participant FELT Study™ are based on interviews with more than 4,300 active retirement plan participants.
- The Money Management Institute (MMI) named Merrill Lynch the “Advisory Solutions Sponsor Firm of the Year” for the Merrill Lynch Investment Advisory program on the Merrill Lynch One® platform. The award category recognizes the sponsor firm that made a meaningful contribution to innovation within the advisory solutions industry and exemplified overall excellence, achievement and growth.
- In April, Barron’s, StockBrokers.com, Investor’s Business Daily, Customer Service Institute of America and Corporate Insight recognized Merrill Edge® for its educational resources, research tools, portfolio analysis and reports, customer service, and more, reinforcing the value of Merrill Edge’s offerings.
- Global Finance magazine named Bank of America Merrill Lynch Best Bank for Cash Management in North America for the fifth consecutive year. The publication also named the firm Best Bank for Liquidity Management in North America for the fourth straight year, and Best Treasury & Cash Management Provider in the United States, an inaugural category.
- In February, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognized Bank of America for exceptional leadership in response to climate change. The announcement was made today at the EPA 2015 Climate Change Leadership Awards. The bank received the award for Organizational Leadership, which recognizes companies for their commitment to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions while demonstrating leadership in their business strategies to reduce carbon pollution. This was the first time that a financial institution has received the prestigious EPA award in this category.
- G.I. Jobs magazine recognized Bank of America as a 2015 Military-friendly Employer for our continued support of our service members.
- Risk magazine recognized BofA Merrill as its “Structured Products House of the Year” for the bank’s ability to consistently provide innovative products with sound risk management. The publication noted that BofA Merrill captured 11 percent of the $124 billion U.S. collateralized loan obligation (CLO) market in 2014 by underwriting 25 deals worth a total of $13.2 billion as of mid-December 2014. BofA Merrill also captured 11.5 percent globally and was No. 1 in the European CLO market.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) named Bank of America a Best Place for LGBT to Work for LGBT Equality; we received a 100 percent score on the HRC’s Corporate Equality Index for the ninth year in a row.
- In January, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was named winner of eight awards by financial trade publication, “Treasury Management International (TMI),” in its annual Awards for Innovation & Excellence in Treasury. Topping the recognition list for the firm’s Global Transaction Services (GTS) business were Global Bank of the Year for Cash & Liquidity Management and Global Bank of the Year for Financial Supply Chain Management.
- Bank of America was named among Military Times magazine’s Best for Vets: Employers 2014 for our commitment to providing opportunities to America’s veterans.
- G.I. Jobs selected Bank of America as a 2014 Military-friendly Employer for our hiring practices.
- U.S. Veterans magazine salutes Bank of America for our support of U.S. veterans. The company made two Best of the Best lists: Top Veteran-friendly Companies and Top Supplier Diversity Programs.
- Bank of America was named to Hispanic Business magazine’s list of 2014 Best Companies for Diversity.
- DiversityBusiness.com selected Bank of America as one of America's Top 50 Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities for 2014, based on its commitment to do business with the nation's multicultural business community.
- DiversityMBA recognized Bank of America among the top 10 as part of its annual list of 50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Diverse & Women Managers to Work.
- Bank of America was named among Latina Style magazine’s 50 best companies for Latinas to work as part of its 2014 Latina Style 50 Report.
- The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) recognized Hispanic/Latino Organization for Leadership & Advancement (HOLA) as the nation's top Hispanic/Latino Employee Network Group.
- Bank of America received the 2014 Top Company for Women in Computing award from the nonprofit Anita Borg Institute for our representation of women technologists.
- Bank of America was recognized as one of the National Association for Female Executives’ (NAFE) Top Companies for Executive Women.
- For the ninth consecutive year, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management had the most advisors on Barron’s “Top 100 Women Financial Advisors” list. Ten financial advisors and 17 private wealth advisors appeared on the list.
- For the 26th consecutive year, Bank of America was recognized on Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies list, thanks to our commitment to progressive workplace programs and benefits like tuition assistance, maternity leave and flexible schedules.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch ranks number 18 in the Business category on Universum’s Asia’s Top 50 Most Attractive Employers list, and is listed among America’s Ideal Employers 2014 Top 100.
- The Asian Pacific Professional Association’s Diversity Symposium honored Bank of America with the 2014 Corporate Leadership Award.
- National Undergraduate Employability Awards ranked Bank of America Merrill Lynch one of its 2014-15 U.K. Top Undergraduate Employers based on student reviews.
- Bank of America’s Ally Program, in support of its LGBT Pride employee network, won the National Business Inclusion Council’s 2014 Program of the Year. The award honors dedication and significant strides companies make to support and sustain diversity best practices.
- Bank of America named best place to work for LGBT Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for the eighth year in a row with a 100-percent Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index score.
- In December, Bank of America was named one of the top 50 U.S. community-minded companies by the Civic 50, a partnership between Points of Light and Bloomberg. This major corporate social responsibility survey ranked our company second among financial institutions. The Civic 50 aims to encourage best practices on community engagement with the goal of presenting a roadmap for how companies can improve the quality of life in their communities.
- For the fourth straight year and since the recognition’s inception, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was named Institutional Investor magazine’s “Top Global Research Firm.” BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research won 260 total team positions – more than any other firm and three more than last year – in the 12 Institutional Investor research team surveys published this year.
- The 2014 J.D. Power Primary Mortgage Origination Satisfaction StudySM released November 13 ranks Bank of America as second among all major mortgage originators in overall customer satisfaction. The study evaluated originators in six critical criteria, including interaction, loan closing, application/approval process, loan offerings, problem resolution and on-boarding. Bank of America performed well in all categories, a demonstration of its focus on meeting the needs of customers from application to closing.
- Bank of America was named a Top Financial Services Company in the CDP S&P 500 Report, DJSI North America, The Banker magazine, and Bloomberg World’s Greenest Bank rankings in October.
- In October, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was honored by EMEA Finance magazine in their 2014 Treasury Services Awards, winning the accolade for Best Treasury Services in Europe. This is the first time the company has won the treasury category, which the magazine said is in recognition of “...a proactive and consultative client approach, product enhancements and focus on thought leadership.” Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Foreign Exchange team was also recognized in the awards, winning Best FX services in Europe and Best FX services in EMEA accolades for the second and third consecutive years.
- Susan G. Komen® honored Bank of America as the 2014 “Rising Star” partner during the annual Susan G. Komen Leadership Conference in Fort Worth, Texas in July. The Rising Star award is presented to a partner who has strengthened its commitment to Komen’s mission by expanding its programs and exploring new ways to engage with Komen. Bank of America has contributed nearly $6 million to Susan. G. Komen – $850,000 in 2014 alone – from the Pink Ribbon credit card and checking programs since 2009.
- In July, Bank of America Merrill Lynch received two top honors from Euromoney magazine, being named Best Global Investment Bank and Best Global Transaction Services House in the Euromoney 2014 Awards for Excellence. This was the first time in the history of the Euromoney awards that any firm has simultaneously won both awards.
In July, MBNA’s Digital team won “Best Digital Marketing Campaign of the Year” for the second year running at the 2014 Big Chip Awards. The team received this award for their Summer Travel Services Campaign.
- Trade Finance magazine announced in June that BofA Merrill was voted “Best Trade Finance Bank in the USA” in the publication’s Trade Finance Awards for Excellence 2014. This is the second consecutive year that the bank has been ranked number one in the U.S.
- In June, comScore rated Bank of America No. 1 in Online Bank Bill Pay Dollar Share, No. 1 in Active Online Checking Prospect Traffic, and No. 1 in Active Mobile Users.
- For the second consecutive year, Bank of America received the No. 1 ranking from Keynote Systems for small business digital banking. The bank was also ranked No. 1 in Online Banking Functionality; No. 1 in Mobile App Services – iOS and Android; No. 1 in Online Credit Card Functionality – Quality and Availability; and No. 1 in Small Business Online Banking [ranked “Best in Class” in all four key evaluation criteria (Functionality, Ease of Use, Privacy & Security, and Quality & Availability)].
- MBNA won “Best Collections and Recoveries Department” in the Consumer Credit Team of the Year Category at the Credit Today awards in May in London and also achieved finalist status in five other categories.
- In May, Global Finance magazine named BofA Merrill the Best Supply Chain Finance Provider in North America.
- Merrill Lynch was awarded “Advisory Solutions Sponsor Product of the Year” by the Money Management Institute (MMI) for its investment advisory platform, Merrill Lynch One. The award category recognizes the introduction of the year’s most innovative solution and its contribution to the growth of the wealth management industry.
- BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research was named No. 1 Global Research Firm for the third straight year by Institutional Investor magazine.
- MBNA was named “Credit Card Provider of the Year” at the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards.
- In March, Merrill Edge was honored in five separate industry reviews, including recognition as a customer service leader, a provider of excellent content for investors and one of the top online brokers. Merrill Edge was highly ranked in the 2014 Barron’s Online Brokerage Review, StockBrokers.com 2014 Online Broker Review, Corporate Insight Monitor Awards, Investor’s Business Daily special report on the best online brokers of 2013, and the Customer Service Institute of America.
- In March, Bank of America Merrill Lynch was named by Global Finance magazine as Best Overall Bank for Cash Management in North America for the fourth consecutive year. The publication also named BofA Merrill as North America winner for Best Bank for Liquidity Management for the third straight year and Best Bank for Risk Management.
- In February, Bank of America was named as a leader in climate change performance by the CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project). The company is featured in CDP’s Supplier Climate Performance Leadership Index (SCPLI). The SCPLI highlights those companies within CDP’s supply chain program that have demonstrated a strong approach to climate strategy and emissions reduction in their CDP responses. This program collects information on behalf of 64 multinational companies with combined annual spend of almost US $1.15 trillion.
- For delivering “outstanding customer service experience,” in January, J.D. Power and Associates recognized the Merrill Edge call centers for the third year in a row, the Retirement Services contact centers for the ninth year and our Corporate and Commercial Banking call centers for the fourth consecutive year.